200ml/7fl oz double cream
100g 72%(or higher) dark chocolate broken into small pieces
tbsp chopped rosemary
- Heat the cream and chopped rosemary in a saucepan untill the cream is just too hot to touch ... don’t boil it !
- Leave the cream to cool and infuse with the rosemary flavour, then place in fridge after 20min of cooling
- When chilled, strain out the rosemary pieces and whip the double cream until soft peaks form when the whisk is removed
- Separate the eggs and whip the whites till hard peaks form when the whisk is removed
- Warm the chocolate in a bowl over a pan of simmering water, take off the heat as soon as melted and combine with the yolks (take care not to heat too much, or the chocolate will grain or the yolks will cook) ... I know I’m making it sound difficult, but it’s easier than it sounds
- While the chocolate mixture is still melted fold in the cream until well combined, then carefully fold in the whipped whites
- Pour into serving dishes and chill for two hours or more. This will leave you with a strong but light dark chocolate and rosemary mousse ... delicious !